Free dental care services for children and teens
Although dental care is free for all children, our practice caters only for adolescents. This includes children aged from their first year of college (Yr 9) until their 18th Birthday.
This age bracket is a crucial period of development for children, as their mixed dentition (temporary and permanent teeth) phase will be coming to an end, and the importance of maintaining healthy adult teeth isn’t quite yet understood. Our dentists can provide a checkup for parents, these appointments ensure that you are given a second opinion about the oral hygiene routine your child is performing, and to advise on any areas of concern such as fillings, wisdom teeth, or crowding.
Free dental care services
Our free dental care services for children and teens are similar to standard hygiene appointments, while also including filling and extraction treatments for badly decayed teeth. These free services are designed to keep your child’s teeth healthy, but will also establish a routine for their adult life.
Seeing the dentist regularly as a child, and understanding the importance of regular dental checkups, will make doing so later in life much more normal. Often, people who avoid the dentist due to fear are the only ones that don’t go!
What FREE dental care will you get?
- A yearly checkup.
- X-rays if necessary.
- Cleaning to remove plaque, staining and tartar.
- Fillings for teeth that have tooth decay (holes).
- Extractions to remove teeth that have been badly affected by tooth decay.
Our free BEST dental care tips for kids:
- Brush your child’s teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Ensure that your child has a healthy diet that is low in sugar
- Sign your child up for free dental treatments at your local clinic
- Take your child regularly to the dentist to ensure their teeth stay healthy.
Call your local family dental clinic today
The experienced team at Real Dentistry are happy to discuss any dental concerns your children may have and can recommend oral hygiene tips specific to kids and teens. Healthy teeth and a confident smile are integral parts of a positive childhood, and our dentists will ensure your child’s teeth are strong and healthy for years to come.